Classroom and Behavior Management Award of Completion
The Professional Development Institute, in association with the prestigious University of California San Diego Extension (UCSD), has established a Classroom and Behavior Management Competency Program. Today's classrooms are diverse places filled with students who have a wide range of academic, behavior, and social-emotional needs. Teachers need and desire training to help meet the needs of all their students.
PDI has thirteen courses which are specifically designed to help teachers effectively manage their classrooms, as well as a wide variety of student behaviors. Through PDI's new Classroom and Behavior Management Competency Program, if you complete four of the thirteen courses listed below, you will receive a Classroom and Behavior Management Competency Award of Completion from the University of California San Diego Extension. Upon PDI's verification of satisfactory completion of the requirements, UCSD will mail a certificate to you suitable for framing and display in your classroom or to become part of your professional portfolio.
Review the details below to find out how to get started in this exciting program.
UC San Diego|Extension
To obtain the PDI/UCSD Classroom and Behavior Management Award of Completion, simply follow the steps below.
- Choose any four of the following courses. Each flex course including credit fees is only $284 with the discount (regularly $379)! Each semester course including credit fees is only $322 with the discount (regularly $429)! Note that you do not need to register for all courses at one time. You have up to five years to complete the requirements.
- Register for the courses with university credit. Click here to register. Simply select the option that says "course plus credit" when you register for your courses in the shopping cart area. You must receive university credit for every course you wish to use toward the requirements of the Classroom and Behavior Management Competency Award of Completion. Note that you are required to pay for university credit within 48 hours of your course registration.
- Anti-Bullying Strategies for Primary Grades (K-3)
- Building Critical Social and Emotional Skills Using Literature (K-12)
- Bullying: Awareness, Prevention, and Intervention (4-8)
- Character Education for the 21st Century (K-12)
- Classroom Management Strategies for High School Teachers (9-12)
- Classroom Management Survival Course (K-8)
- Conquering the Behavioral Challenges of Special Needs Students (K-2)
- Educating the Whole Student: Mindfulness and Social-Emotional Learning (K-12)
- Embracing Diversity and Equity through Culturally Responsive Teaching (K-12)
- Engaging, Motivating, and Managing Your Students (4-8)
- Motivating and Engaging Middle and High School Students (6-12)
- Responsive Classroom Management for the Primary Grades (K-3)
- Teaching Tolerance and Respect: Preventing Bullying in High School (9-12)
- You may have already completed one or more of the required courses! If you are not certain if you have completed any of the required courses, you may e-mail PDI for verification. You will receive a response within 48 hours. Click here to e-mail PDI. Please note that only courses previously completed with university credit can be applied toward the Award of Completion. You must complete all courses within a five-year period.
- Work on completing the four courses you selected. Once you have received your final grade from PDI for all four courses, you may move on to the final PDI audit. Note that credit is only granted upon successful completion of all course requirements including the three-week minimum time requirement per course.**
- Request a PDI audit of course requirements. PDI must audit and officially verify that you have met all course requirements and timelines before UCSD Extension will issue your Award of Completion. There is a $25 audit fee, so be certain that you have received your final grades in all required courses prior to requesting the PDI audit. Click here to pay for the audit. Choose PDI Audit for Classroom and Behavior Management Award of Completion.
- Once PDI has audited your student record and verified completion of all course requirements and timelines, you will receive an e-mail notification that PDI has submitted your paperwork to UCSD Extension. Within 10 days, UCSD Extension will issue and mail your official Classroom and Behavior Management Competency Award of Completion.
If you have questions about this program, please contact the PDI Program Coordinator, Madison Goodman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** UCSD and PDI require that you spend a minimum of three weeks in EACH of your online courses. In other words, if you register for two online courses, you will be expected to spend three weeks in each course for a total of six weeks. The timeline begins from the day you register and runs consecutively, not concurrently, when taking multiple courses. Completion paperwork will not be processed until the minimum timeline requirement has been met. Both PDI and UCSD are intent on ensuring that the participant is able to maximize the knowledge gained by meaningful involvement in the program.
View PDI's Catalog of Courses
Check out a list of all PDI graduate-level online courses or sort by grade level or subject area.
Quick access to register for PDI's online courses using our secure system.
Learn More about PDI
Find out how to reach PDI and get answers to any questions you may have.
Access My Course
Access PDI's online learning management system to begin your course.