University Credit Information
The Professional Development Institute, in association with the prestigious University of California San Diego Extension, offers post-baccalaureate (at the graduate level) credit* for all PDI online courses. Register for a PDI flex course including credit from UCSD for only $323 with the discount (regularly $379). Register for a semester course including credit for only $366 with the discount (regularly $429). All PDI courses are worth 3 ⅓ semester units of credit (equivalent to 5 quarter units or 50 hours of training). UC San Diego is part of the University of California system and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). UC San Diego is ranked the eighth best public university in the country by U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges guidebook. Click here to review the impressive Campus Profile. Post-baccalaureate credits are typically used for credential renewal and/or salary advancement. Be sure to check with your district/state for their specific requirements.
**Please Note that PDI has a single one-unit course developed specifically to help teachers with distance teaching and learning. This course plus credit is only $50. This is a special offer by PDI and UCSD to help the teachers we respect and serve. Click here for more details.
It's easy to register for university credit! Simply register for the course with university credit when you make your selection. If you have questions or concerns about obtaining university credit, please contact PDI Registrar, Sydney Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Click here for a detailed description of UCSD post-baccalaureate (graduate level) credit.
Click here for a letter from UCSD Extension Assistant Dean, Dr. Morgan Appel, explaining the credit option.
UC San Diego|Extension
What you need to know about obtaining post-baccalaureate credit from UC San Diego Extension
- It's easy to register for university credit for your course. Simply select the option that says "course plus credit" when you register for your course in the shopping cart area. Note that you are required to pay for university credit within 48 hours of your course registration.
- All PDI courses are worth 3 ⅓ semester units (5 quarter units) of post-baccalaureate (graduate level) credit which is equivalent to 50 hours of training. The cost for a flex course including 3 ⅓ semester units/5 quarter units of UCSD credit is only $323 with the discount (regularly (379). The cost for a semester course including 3 ⅓ semester units/5 quarter units of UCSD credit is only $366 with the discount (regularly $429).
- Credit is only granted upon successful completion of all course requirements including the minimum course time requirement.
- Note that although PDI's courses are post-baccalaureate (graduate level) professional courses, they are not applicable toward an advanced degree at UC San Diego.
- UC San Diego and PDI require that you spend a minimum of three weeks in EACH of your online courses. In other words, if you register for two online courses, you will be expected to spend three weeks in each course or a total of six weeks altogether. The timeline begins from the day you register and runs consecutively, not concurrently, when taking multiple courses. Completion paperwork will not be processed until the minimum timeline requirement has been met. Both PDI and UCSD are intent on assuring that the participant is able to maximize the knowledge gained by meaningful involvement in the program.
- Once you have met all the course requirements, PDI will post your final grade and forward your credit paperwork to UCSD Extension. UCSD Extension will enter your course and letter grade into their system and send you a confirmation e-mail once your grade posts. You will receive an official transcript at no charge. You will receive the transcript from UCSD Extension approximately three weeks after your final grade is issued by PDI. Unofficial transcripts can be printed at any time at no cost via the UCSD Extension student portal.
- Additional transcripts may be purchased through UCSD Extension.
If you have questions about university credit for your PDI course, please contact the PDI Registrar, Sydney Pham, at email@example.com
If you have registered and paid for a PDI course within the last 48 hours, and would like to purchase graduate-level credit or review other documentation options, please click here.
View PDI's Catalog of Courses
Check out a list of all PDI graduate-level online courses or sort by grade level or subject area.
Quick access to register for PDI's online courses using our secure system.
Learn More about PDI
Find out how to reach PDI and get answers to any questions you may have.
Access My Course
Access PDI's online learning management system to begin your course.