The PDI Team
The Professional Development Institute has been in business for over 24 years and has trained more than 208,000 teachers across the globe. We provide quality and convenient online courses to K-12 teachers. PDI courses focus on the most relevant topics in education and provide practical strategies that can be implemented in the classroom immediately. Every PDI online education course is approved for post-baccalaureate (at the graduate-level) credit through the University of California San Diego (UCSD) Extension. UCSD is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), which is one of six regional associations that accredit public and private colleges and universities in the United States.
All PDI online courses are either developed or edited by the PDI President, Connie Ryan. Connie has a Master of Arts degree in Curriculum and Instruction as well as many years of experience as a teacher, trainer, author, and online instructor.
Meet the other talented members of the PDI team!
- PDI's Vice President, Caryn Chavez, M.S., supervises the instructors as well as all PDI marketing and outreach campaigns. Caryn has a Master of Science degree in Instructional Design and Technology and has been with PDI for sixteen years.
- PDI's Director of Operations, Jenna Nakamura, M.S., manages the administration of all registrations and courses as well as supervises all office operations. Jenna has a Master of Science degree in Instructional Design and Technology.
- PDI's Director of Content Development, Kristin LeBeau, M.A., develops new course content and updates current courses. Kristin is also part of the PDI Submission Review Committee. Kristin has over twelve years of classroom teaching experience and served on her district's Common Core Implementation Committee.
- PDI's Technology Course Author, Thuong Tran, M.S., writes and updates all technology course content and teaches our distance learning course. Thuong has a Master of Science degree in Instructional Design and Technology.
- PDI's Special Education Content Author, Samantha Moore, B.S., writes and updates all special education course content. Samantha is nearing completion of an M.A. in Special Education with an emphasis in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- PDI's Registrar/Student Services Manager, Sydney Pham, B.A., manages PDI participant completion paperwork and makes sure credit forms are submitted to the university in a timely manner.
- PDI's Associate Registrar, Madison Goodman, B.A., handles all PDI participant completion paperwork and makes sure credit forms are submitted to the university in a timely manner.
- PDI's Program Coordinator, Karen Wells, B.A., handles all incoming orders and sends out course access instructions and information to all PDI participants. Karen also coordinates and facilitates customer relations.
- PDI's Marketing Coordinator, Adri Davis, B.A., coordinates all of PDI's marketing efforts including social media outreach, and designs graphics for use at PDI's website and in our print marketing materials.
All of the instructors at the Professional Development Institute are highly qualified (minimum of a master's degree), experienced classroom teachers, and are trained to teach the online course content. Each instructor is an expert at communicating ideas, concepts, and instructions.
View PDI's Catalog of Courses
Check out a list of all PDI graduate-level online courses or sort by grade level or subject area.
Quick access to register for PDI's online courses using our secure system.
Learn More about PDI
Find out how to reach PDI and get answers to any questions you may have.
Access My Course
Access PDI's online learning management system to begin your course.