General Course Information
Professional Development Institute flex courses are worth 3 ⅓ semester units (5 quarter units) of post-baccalaureate (graduate) credit from the University of California San Diego (UCSD) Division of Extended Studies. UC San Diego is part of the University of California system and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). If you register for a PDI online course with university credit, upon successful completion of all course requirements and timelines, you will receive an official university transcript with a letter grade for the course. You can take up to one year to complete a flex course. A flex course has five online tests and five written assignments. Note that you should be sure to check with your district or state as to whether or not you are required to provide an official university transcript in order to receive proper credit for your course.
Flex-Time Course Benefits
- Flex course registration fee is only $124 with the discount (regularly $149)! The total cost to register for a flex course including university credit is only $329 with the discount (regularly $379)!
- Courses are conducted entirely online. You do not have to go anywhere or be online at any specific time.
- Flex courses are self-paced and instructor-led.
- Participate at your convenience. You have up to one year to complete a flex course. You must spend a minimum of three weeks in each PDI course. So, if you register for two courses you will be expected to spend a minimum of three weeks in each course for a total of six weeks. The timeline begins from the day you are enrolled and runs consecutively, not concurrently, when taking multiple courses.
- Questions? Click here to send a message to Shannon Philips, PDI Program Coordinator, for assistance.
- Click here to view a list of PDI flex online courses.
Do you need to get a PDI course approved by your school district prior to registering? If so, feel free to print our "Introduction to PDI Online Courses" letter to submit with your approval request. Click here to view and/or print the letter.
Do you need a letter from UC San Diego Division of Extended Studies explaining the credit they provide for PDI courses? Click here for a letter from Assistant Dean, Dr. Morgan Appel.
Still not convinced? Take a look at what other teachers say about PDI courses. Click here to read teacher testimonials.
View PDI's Catalog of Courses
Check out a list of all PDI graduate-level online courses or sort by grade level or subject area.
Quick access to register for PDI's online courses using our secure system.
Learn More about PDI
Find out how to reach PDI and get answers to any questions you may have.
Access My Course
Access PDI's online learning management system to begin your course.